Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Official First Post

Whoops. I forgot that the first post had directions to it. Even for a non-sequitur blog, this is going to be non-sequitur. Bear with me as I answer the question of my thoughts regarding Web 2.0 and Libraries 2.0.

I think there is a lot of anxiety over where technology is leading us. From other sources, I've heard about having our minds programmed into other objects, having chips implanted in our brains to read thoughts and transmit them to other humans instead of actually talking, and Second Life. I think Libraries 2.0 is showing us the information exchange of the future without too much scary stuff. (Okay, Second Life isn't so much scary as it is annoying.) Libraries 2.0 looks good. It's already becoming difficult to remember life before the web. Soon, all we'll have to do is wonder what life was like before the web, and a video will be beamed directly to our communication devices to show us.

And have a good day.

2 comments:

Melissa Rethlefsen said...

You are really getting into this--it's great!!

Mark Wentz said...

Really? Thanks. That's good to hear. I was getting worried because I hadn't yet received an e-mail message from the editor of a major journal like some people at video-conferences. Maybe tomorrow.