Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sports Announcers Bloopers

This week's attempt to find focus in a blog with none.

I don't know if you all turned on the television this weekend. If you did, you may have seen that they are showing football games again. Those of you who regularly follow football know that the broadcast booths are populated with people less interested in announcing football games than auditioning for cinematic buddy comedies. There is only one way to make listening to that tolerable: listening for stupid quotes. For example, one from last year had Joe Buck befuddled by the thought that people actually know which cleat length is longer: 3/8", 1/2", or 5/8".

Maybe I could do a blog about the stupid quotes each week.

Pros:
There are plenty stupid quotes from which to choose
The quotes can be quite humorous
Others could collaborate and share quotes they've heard via comments

Cons:
It's unfair to base the perception of a person's performance on one or two quotes given in 3 hours of talking.
I don't have the time or resources study all of the games to find THE stupidest quote.
It would entail listening intently to these guys: some of whom hurt my brain
One school of thought is to use blogs to share intelligence.

So, we have another idea to throw in the hat. Or throw in the towel.

And have a good day.

1 comment:

Ann Farrell said...

I have one of those "quote-of-the-day" calendars-- or better said, "misquote-of-the-day" so here's one I liked: "I've got an ace up my hole."