Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dunkin' Donuts Dangeresque

As a doughnut connoisseur, I feel it is my obligation to report the bad news about doughnuts as well as the good news. Well, here it is. Dunkin' Donuts [sic] has recalled 1 million glow sticks. The reason for this is the toys present a choking and/or strangulation hazard.

Other than fire flies, I've never considered glowing things to be safe or natural. Maybe it's because I grew up in the nuclear age. So, what struck me about the recall was when I found out the recall was because of something other than the glowing nature of the product. But, this is what happens when you import your doughnut products (and spelling) from China.

Next time you're in a doughnut shop, and the salesperson asks you if you'd like glowing or non-glowing, go for the non-glowing doughnuts.

And have a good day.

No comments: