Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Libraries 2.0: Week 12: pictorial portfolio

Melodrama what ain't quite right


Here are all my pictures if you'd like to see them.

It was difficult to find pictures to add since I don't take pictures very often. But I found a few.

The benefit to something like Flickr is the ability to tag. Otherwise, I don't see much difference than putting pictures on a web page or in a gallery. Of course, that's assuming the pictures would be posted privately or semi-privately. Do you really want the world to see pictures of you at work? (I suppose you would if you're a supermodel or celebrity, I guess.)

We had a set of rules we were to follow before we uploaded pictures to Flickr (and to the best of your knowledge, I did follow those rules). One of the rules was to not post someone else's pictures without permission. However, one of the things we've discussed earlier was adding pictures of book covers to the library catalog. Does that mean we'll need to ask permission for each image we add to the catalog? If that's the case, I'm not certain it would be worth the effort to add them.

I've done a lot of negative in this post. Here's a positive: I hope the library does post pictures of me at work. That way, I can prove to my father that I really do have a job.

And have a good day.

No comments: